The Helen E. Copeland Gallery is located in the School of Art at Montana State University, Bozeman. The gallery provides an exhibition space which intends to expose students, faculty and the community art audience to a diverse range of contemporary art, as well as historically important expressions in art. The gallery also hosts select student exhibitions of both undergraduate and graduate artwork.
The Helen E. Copeland Gallery is a member of the Museum and Art Gallery Directors Association (MAGDA) and has frequently curated touring exhibitions. The HECG is also a member of the Association of Academic Museums & Galleries (AAMG) and Montana NonProfit Association (MNA).
The Helen E. Copeland also possesses an amazing archive. Including prints by Goya and Rembrandt, Philip Pearlstein, and Vito Acconci; paintings by Will Barnett and Grant Wood (both to be authenticated); the archives boat an amazing collection of Chinese and Japanese woodblock prints, Asian clothing, and textiles from across the world. We are currently documenting our archives for an online presence that will be developed during the 2016/2017 school year. We have many great finds and great mysteries within our walls. For more information, please contact the Gallery Director.
HOURS, CONTACTS, LOCATION
For more information on the School of Art at Montana State University, please visit: http://art.montana.edu/.
For details on how to get to the gallery please click here for a detailed, interactive campus map. The gallery is located in Haynes Hall.
Downloadable PDF of the MSU Campus Map – Haynes Hall. Haynes Hall is highlighted in yellow, the nearest adjacent parking lots are highlighted in blue and the University Campus Police, where one may purchase daily parking passes, is highlighted in red. Please note that the parking passes are required for parking during the business day (6AM – 6PM). Parking in these lots are free after 6PM.
The HECG is located on the second floor of Haynes Hall, across from the duck pond on 11th Avenue on MSU campus. Please note that the parking passes are required for parking during the business day (9AM – 6PM).
HECG Hours: Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM when classes are in session/ Closed on weekends.
For more information on this exhibition, or on the Helen E. Copeland Gallery in general, please visit www.hecgallery.com or follow us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/msuhecg). Stay tuned to our website and Facebook page for more information on School of the Arts lectures, visiting artists, and events.
If you need additional information, contact:
The School of Art at
Helen E. Copeland and Waller-Yoblonsky Galleries
Montana State University
School of Art
213 Haynes Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717
Phone at the School of Art front office (406) 994-4501
DIRECTIONS TO THE HELEN E. COPELAND GALLERY
FROM DOWNTOWN BOZEMAN TO THE BISON, ANTELOPE, AND DEER PARKING LOTS.
- Go west on Main Street towards 7th Avenue
- Pass 7th Avenue, keep going to 19th Ave
- Take a left onto 19th Avenue
- Stay in the left hand lane. Drive about one mile to College Ave
- Take a left onto College Avenue
- Drive about a half mile. The Bison, Antelope and Deer parking lots will be on your right; they are the back three lots. They are unlabeled (except on google maps.) If you reach the roundabout/ traffic circle, you have gone too far.
- Facing campus, Take the sidewalk to the left of the lots. Once you pass the playground, you will come to an intersection. Haynes Hall is to your left, ASMSU, Shunk Daycare will be to your right. Walk towards Haynes hall, taking the sidewalk that runs across the lawn and turns left between two buildings.
- The entrance to Haynes Hall will be on your left, bicycle parking will be on your right.
- The Helen E. Copeland is on the 2nd floor of Haynes Hall.
IF WALKING DOWN 11TH:
213 Haynes Hall is located halfway between College Avenue and Grant Street. It is across from the Aasheim Arch and has the Ski Chair sculpture in the front lawn.